**NEW WEBSITE, 8/15/11** Please visit www.timetofaceit.com. Check back often for political candidate profiles.
What are the signs on the face you can look for to know if someone has violent personality?
We cannot change what happened in Tuscon, but we can take this opportunity to try to learn from it. It is widely reported that Jared Loughner, the shooter responsible in the massacre in Tuscon displayed behavior that frightened other people to the point where he was kicked out of community college. People were afraid that he could snap at any time.
In addition to identifying actions that could lead to violence, here are some things you can look for on a person’s face and in their body language that are strong indications that person may become violent. If you see two or more of these things, the person is on the verge of hurting him or herself or others. These are what I call “911 signals”. It’s time to get professional help, fast.
1. Whites of the eyes showing below the pupils – mental stress
2. Whites showing above the pupils – means stressed to the point of violence.
3. Whites showing all around the pupils means complete mental disconnect, state of shock.
4. Puffy skin (eye puffs) in upper and lower eyelids – indicate extreme stress, snapping point, abuse of some substance.
5. Dark circles all the way around eyes – a sign of lack of sleep, substance abuse, and health issues. Sleep deprivation (Loughner had restless night before attack, report shows, read more HERE), is one of the main causes of psychotic breaks in individuals who are mentally unstable. Psychotic breaks often end in violence (suicide is the most common result).
6. Face is asymmetrical – when the two sides of the face look very different from each other, this person has become unbalanced and unstable. (See Loughner’s right side as compared to his left side). Go HERE to read more about Loughner’s asymmetrical face (Smiling Like a Killer).
(Note on Loughner’s two faces: Loughner’s left side is his personal side – he has built himself up in his mind to be a stone cold, sinister, powerful monster. His right side is how he presents himself to the world. This side shows that he is engulfed with fear, withdrawn, sick and powerless.)
7. Face flushed red – irrational, not thinking straight.
8. Jaw clenching – a sign of pent up frustration and anger, wants to act out
9. Clenched fists – means he/she doesn’t want to talk about it, wants to take action.
10. Fixed gaze, staring – the person is disconnected from reality.
11. Rapid eye movement – the eyes dart back and forth – not thinking straight, the brain is in overdrive and something is about to explode.
It’s important to know there could be many factors behind behind these features. For example, seeing the whites all the way around the pupils could indicate a health issue known as hyperthyroidism. Seeing the whites below the pupils (thinking stressful thoughts) could mean that parent’s child has been called to the principal’s office and she is on her way to her child’s school to get the bad news. However, more than two of these features, combined with aggressive body language is a danger signal. Stay aware. If someone you know has some of these signs, it’s time to find professional help. With proper treatment, many of these signs will disappear. We can all do our part to help make this world a safer place.
© 2011 Julie Theroux, Facesinthenews.com All Rights Reserved.